Community Grants Bigger And Better
Community groups will now have the opportunity to apply for funding four times a year following a review of the Bass Coast Shire Council Community Grants Program.
The Program will be divided into one Major Grant round and three General Community Grant rounds for the 2014-2015 financial year.
The major grant round will open on Monday, 31 March 2014 and close on Friday, 2 May 2014, with funds awarded by August. Round 1 has three Community Grants categories, including:
- General Community Grant – a total of $60,000 in funds for applications seeking up to $1,000 for equipment or $2,500 for other projects
- Community Event Grant – a total of $10,000 in funds for applications seeking up to $5,000
- Minor Capital Works Grant – a total of $124,000 in funds for applications seeking up to $5,000
The three following General Community Grant rounds are expected to be open for applications in July 2014, October 2014 and February 2015, with $20,000 in funding available in small grants for each round.
Mayor, Cr Neil Rankine, said Council had combined Councillor Ward Discretionary Funds with the Community Grants Program to have a consistent process for applying for community funding.
“A total of $84,000 has been transferred from Councillors’ Ward Discretionary Funds and to the Community Grants Program,” Cr Rankine said.
“These changes provide access to grant funds throughout the entire year.”
Prospective applicants are strongly encouraged to attend one of the information sessions that will be held on:
- Monday, 31 March 2014 at Cape Paterson Hall from 5.00pm to 6.00pm
- Wednesday, 2 April 2014 at Phillip Island Visitor Information Centre, Newhaven, from 5.00pm to 6.00pm
- Thursday, 3 April 2014 at Coronet Bay Hall from 4.00pm to 5.00pm
A Community Grant Information Kit and access to the online application are available at www.basscoast.vic.gov.au/grants.
For more information contact Council’s Grants Officer on email@example.com or 1300 BCOAST (226 278).