Rural Land Use Strategy Submissions Extended
The submissions period for Bass Coast Shire Council’s Draft Rural Land Use Strategy has been EXTENDED following requests from residents.
Submissions were originally scheduled to close on 24 May 2013, however Council will continue to accept submissions until a decision is made on the draft.
Residents wishing to lodge a submission after 24 May should advise Council staff of their intentions.
Bass Coast Mayor, Cr Clare Le Serve, said the Draft had attracted a great deal of interest, but residents felt they needed more time to prepare suitable responses to the strategy.
“People asked for an extension and we have given it to them,” Cr Le Serve said.
“My fellow Councillors and I are pleased with the level of interest in the Draft and encourage everyone to attend the final drop-in sessions next week.
“If anyone is unable to attend a session, they can contact Council to request a meeting.”
Final drop-in sessions will be held at:
- Rhyll - Monday, 13 May, 9.00am to 11.00am, Rhyll Community Hall, Loch Road
- Grantville - Monday, 13 May, 12.30pm to 3.00pm, Grantville Transaction Centre, 05-1410 Bass Hwy
- Krowera - Monday, 13 May, 5.30pm to 7.30pm, Krowera Hall, 995 Loch-Wonthaggi Rd
- Kongwak - Tuesday, 14 May, 9.00am to 11.00am, Kongwak Hall, Korumburra-Wonthaggi Rd
- Bass - Tuesday, 14 May, 12.30pm to 3.00pm, Bass Valley Community Centre, Bass School Road
- Dalyston - Tuesday, 14 May, 5.30pm to 7.30pm, Dalyston Hall, Cnr Tulloch and Bass Hwy
Copies of the Draft Rural Land Use Strategy can be found on Council's website at www.basscoast.vic.gov.au/rurallanduse. Hard copies are also available from Wonthaggi Customer Service Centre, Grantville Transaction Centre, Cowes Customer Service Centre and Inverloch Community Hub.
For further information call 1300 BCOAST (226 278).